Aadhaar is an important identity document you need . It represent your Indian ID card to be used to avail any of the government scheme or service . This has been launched by the government to keep a track record of all Indian citizens residing in the country and to maintain a database of all Indians in the country . This has become nationally approved identity card which can be used as an identity proof while traveling within the country , while booking hotels , while booking flights for abroad , for tax purposes , for property registration or for any other government oriented service.
It is necessary for the Indian individuals to keep their Adhaar cards well updated with the latest mobile number they are using , because all notifications or all orders from the government are sent to individuals through their registered mobile number in the Aadhaar card. In India , UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India ) maintains database of all Aadhaar card holders , they also regulated polcies related to use of Aadhaar cards in the country and consequeces for misuse of this national document .
In this post , you will get to know how you can update your registered mobile number in your Aadhaar card , if you earlier mobile number has been changed by any reason.
Application for Change of Mobile Number in Aadhaar : Offline
If you want to change mobile number in your Aadhaar card , then first and foremost you can go for offline application for change of mobile number in the UIDAI office in court nearby . You might find an office near by any government building or government service office .
For applying for change in number , you have to submit an application along with the fees prescribed . The officer appointed in the adhaar office would ask for a finger verification and once completed your mobile number would be instantly changed.
Application for Change of Mobile Number in Aadhaar : Online
To apply for change in mobile number in Aadhaar online , follow the procedure as said :
- Go to the UIDAI web portal (ask.uidai.gov.in) to update the mobile number.
- After that, just put the phone number that you wish to update and type in the captcha in the relevant boxes.
- Click on the ‘Send OTP’ option and enter the OTP that is sent to your phone number.
- Then click on the ‘Submit OTP & Proceed’ option.
- Next, in the dropdown menu that says ‘Online Aadhaar Services’, click on the one you want to update.
- To update the mobile number, click on the option and then the details need to be filled in accordingly and the option ‘what do you want to update’, needs to be selected.
- After the mobile number is submitted, a new page will show up and a captcha needs to be entered.
- This will result in an OTP being sent to your number. Verify the OTP and click on ‘Save and Proceed’.
- After this, you need to book an appointment online to go to the nearest Aadhaar centre to pay Rs 25 fees and provide any additional information that may be required.
Why Aadhaar Mobile Number Change ?
You need to have an updated mobile number in your aadhaar , due to the following reasons :
Once you open a bank account , the banking officials ask for your Aadhaar card as a KYC Document for opening the account . Also ,the mobile number associated with that Aadhaar number would be used for sending all notifications to the customer .
For filing your Income tax return , you need your Aadhaar card to be updated with the latest mobile number . It is required for e-verification of Income tax return filed for the year as per protocol.
Aadhaar card is necesary for availing government schemes and legal policies . For all latest notifications related to services claimed and availed , it is necessary to have updated mobile number in the database of Aadhaar card.
Hope , you find this post interesting . If you have any queries related to mobile number change Aadhaar , then you can place you feedback comments down in the comment section down below .